August 8, 2011

Boat Load of Blessings

Over the weekend, my husband Kyle and I went up to Indian Lake with our dog Pvnrt, to spend some quality time with my parents and sister Abby before she goes back to school.  Saying we had a blast is an understatement.  Thank you so much to my Aunt and Uncle for letting us use their lake house.  We were able to utilize their house as well as their pontoon and two jet skis.

Not many people know, but I am a huge fan of water... I would go to a lake every day if I could or even the ocean.  For me, water is an image of God's beauty that He made here on earth.  After riding the jet skis all day, I enjoyed sitting on the pontoon and basking in His creation.  I loved the wind in my hair, the splashes of water and the serene sound of the water.

Kyle, Abby and I were really ripping it up on the jet skis while Mom and Dad had their dog Zoe and our dog Pvnrt on the pontoon.  We have a beagle who has a set of lungs on her.  Every time we drove by the boat to see her, she went nuts barking and I am sure the whole lake knew she was there.  But she enjoyed the boat as well, catching all the wind in her face.  Here are some pictures of our great weekend getaway:

 Pvnrt cuddling with me once I got back on the boat.


                                Headed out the first day!
Getting Abby out on the Jet Ski for the first time!


Kyle hydrating after doing a million 360*s all over the lake.

Abby hamming it up on a break.  :)

 Acclimating Pvnrt to the water.
Her response after swimming to Kyle... to stand on his head.

I never would have thought jet skiing would have required so much upper body strength.  I haven't ridden one since I was like 13.  I took off right away out of the no wake zone and went to turn, forgetting how touchy they were and wiped out on my first turn... haha.  It was awesome.  Through the wipe outs and pulling myself back up onto the jet ski, I really got a workout.  I am still sore three days later.  If I ever get bored with the workout I am doing, I will have to remember the jet skiing as a change of pace.  

Outside of all the boating festivities, we spent a lot of time hanging out as a family as well, playing games, watching movies and getting into some deep discussions.  I also got to read a bit... Pride and Prejudice (I am a huge fan of Jane Austen as of late).  The support of our family is one I truly hold close to my heart.  They know what to say and when to say it.  We were only two hours away from home but got such a break from the business of home and really got to unwind a bit before Kyle begins the next school year in a couple weeks.  

Before we parted Saturday night, we prayed as a family for an interview I have coming up.  It was such a blessing to have the support and godly family lifting me up in a time of frustration for me.  After graduating last May and not getting a job still, I have been struggling with life... what is my purpose and what should I be doing with myself during this time?  It is reassuring to know so many people are lifting me up and praying for God's will in my life when I feel lost.  Thanks for a great weekend to all my family.  It was such a relief for my mind, body and soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment